Sunday, May 1, 2011

Treasure Hunt

To avoid the chore of painting our bathroom, I decided to go flea marketing to find vases for our wedding center pieces and bouquet vases. My first stop was Rink's Flea market in Mt. Healthy. Total waste of time. The place was a dump, most of the vendors were closed, and I am pretty sure I was the only customer there. On my back towards Cross County highway I literally passed the Covered Bridge Antique Mall. I made a quick right turn and parked around the block. This place is amazing. I must have spent over an hour perusing the rows of goodies. I found nothing for the wedding, but found some amazing items.

We are remodeling our living room and the colors are Sea Sprite (a blueish-green) and Toasted almond. Jon is going to cover our one wall in all shelving and cabinets for our TV and storage. I found some great tropical chotskies for the shelves. (I apologize for the sideways pics. For some reason, Blogger would not upload them right side up. Ugh, technology). 



A fun Hawaiian tin made in Durham County, England by George W. Horner and Co. Only $6.50.

 


Brass Peacocks. Pretty heavy duty and only $6.50 for the pair. Macy's would charge way more than that.

Tobacco Leaf plate made in Hong Kong. I love the little Mongoose's in the trees. Only $4.
Ceramic Calypso Dancer. She was half off so the total was $8.50.

Butterfly necklace. My first find as soon as I walked in the door. The clasp needs replaced but it was only $4.50.

Vintage Coke bottle case. My most expensive buy at $16. Perfect for displaying shot glasses. Special thanks to my Mom and Dad for the idea.
Overall I spent $49 and had a wonderful time. Things that I really wanted, but couldn't buy included a mounted carousel piece for $300, a dry bar for $165, and a beautiful Bone China tea set from England, but the set of 8 would have put me back $96. The owner had mentioned they sold many sets for Royal Wedding tea parties. Perhaps another time. I'll be sure to share photos of my treasures on display as soon as we get the living room finished. The address for the antique shop is: 7508 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45231-4308

No comments:

Post a Comment