Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Card Table Dinners: Quick Skillet Hash

Yesterday I came across a recipe on EatingWell.com for a Florentine Hash Skillet. It was a quick and easy recipe for work mornings. I decided to change it up using the ingredients from by breakfast casserole I posted this past weekend. I loved that casserole so much, and I need to change up my usual. Plus, this incorporates some serious veggies and its filling.

Ingredients:
Artichokes (canned or frozen but thawed)
Spinach, Kale, or Swiss chard (any good green)
White Cheese (Mozzarella Veggie shreds)
Roasted Red Pepper (I dice a bunch then store them in the fridge so I don't have to get out the board and knife each time)
Goat Cheese
1 egg (I scrambled mine and added my all purpose seasoning. Also can cook over easy)

Heat some oil (I use canola) in a small skillet on Med-High heat. Then layer your ingredients. First the artichokes, then the Kale, the White cheese (to help hold it together), Roasted Red Peppers, and finally the goat cheese. Next dump your scrambled or over easy egg on top. Reduce the heat to Med-Low and cover. Cook until the egg sets. It should only take 4-7 minutes. While it cooks I put away my ingredients, pour my juice, and get out my vitamins. By the time I finish, its time to eat. Bon Apetit!

Eating Well's Hash Skillet Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment