Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breakdown

Today I get an email from European Bridal announcing a sample sale. When I first looked at wedding dresses I fell in love with the Modern Trousseau Lauren dress. It was perfect. It was lace with straps, barely a train, light, and elegant. However, there was one small glitch: it was $1,400.


I ended up finding my dress at Bridal and Formal during one of their off the rack sales. I got it for only $94.71 with tax. I was pretty excited about it. We even picked out the bridesmaid's dresses that day. The most amazing part was we did it all before noon. However, I never loved the dress. I saw it as a work in progress. There are so many changes I want to make to it to make it look more like the one above.

I called European Bridal today after work to see if the Lauren dress was included in the sample sale. No dice. It had been sold a week or so ago. My heart was broken. I have been crying off and on all night and can't seem to stop. I look at pictures of me in my dress, and I just don't like it. Its strapless and goes up to far on my chest. The train is too long and there is too much tulle. I just look frumpy. I have realized its not the dress of my dreams. I fear I'm going to look terrible on my wedding day. I could have wonderful hair, nails, make-up, and shoes, but it all comes down to the dress. I bought based on price and not on a gut feeling. I am regretting not just buying the Lauren dress.

My mom and I went to the seamstress a couple of weeks ago to discuss some changes to my dress. It went pretty smoothly. I emailed her last week to see if other changes could be made, but I have yet to hear from her. I just don't know if my dress will ever be what I want it to be.

Tomorrow I am going to call my seamstress. I have to know. I'm also going to be all over the phone trying to possibly locate another Lauren sample dress. My chances are very slim. I may also pop over to the Bridal district and do some browsing. The problem is, I don't know if I would be able to get another dress.

People say its just one day, but its a day I'll remember for all my life. I want to remember looking and feeling like the best damn bride ever.

3 comments:

  1. It is only one day, but the BEST DAY EVER! Follow your heart...if that is THE dress then go for it. Make your day everything you ever dreamed....no regrets!! It will all work out. Love you! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!! I am so sorry to hear the Lauren dress got away! :( I hope you can find another. You are going to be a gorgeous bride no matter what dress you wear. Still, it would be nice to get the Lauren dress. I can totally see you rocking a $94 wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size are you if you don't mind me asking? Could you buy a lauren dress that has been worn by another bride?

    ReplyDelete