Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Here comes the bride

I just finished picking the music for our ceremony. This is probably the toughest task I have yet to face. As a wedding present, my uncle and another member of his band are playing our music. Between his song list and other songs I could think of, I had to come up with basically 5 songs. Sounds easy right? Nope. Not for me. I had to make sure the lyrics matched the moment in the ceremony. Also, had to ensure that the tempo matched the mood. Oi. This was one daunting task. It basically took 3 full nights of internet searches to figure it all out. I would go through the playlist, You Tube a song, and then Google the song to research the meaning behind the song or for whom it was written. And I probably did this at least 5 times per song. Monday night I emailed Brian with a tentative list, with three of the songs not on his play list. He said they could easily learn 2 of them, and so tonight I had to rework the playlist. I needed music for the entrance of family members including the mom's lighting the taper candles. Then I needed the Bridal party entrance music. Followed by of course, me and my dad. I chose one of my favorite love songs which was also my parent's wedding song. This may have been a bad idea. I tear up pretty much everytime I hear it. Hmmm...Maybe I'll walk down the aisle with earplugs. We then needed music for the lighting of the Unity candle, which comes after the exchange of vows and rings. Had to make sure the lyrics were fitting. And finally, after Reverend Kathy pronounces us husband and wife, I needed some processional music.

So it is all said and done. I am very satisfied with the selection and I think it will make for a very memorable ceremony. Unfortunately, you'll have to be there to hear my ceremony playlist or just wait for the post honeymoon posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment