Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Final Countdown

Here we go. 10 days til the Big Day. Amazingly, I'm not stressed out. Its all coming together beautifully, and I can vision how the day will pan out. Honestly, I can't wait. We worked so hard and spent so much time, that we are excited to experience the 'fruits of our labor.' My future Mother-in-law said it best, "Its now, just hurry up and wait."

With 10 days to go, today is the first day a forecast will be available for our wedding day. I haven't checked it yet. I'm a little nervous it may ruin my mood and sharply increase my stress. Inanimate objects may be kicked or punched. No one better tell me its good luck if it rains on your wedding day. That proverb was invented to make the bride feel better about crappy weather on her wedding day. Its pretty much the one thing that can go wrong, that will really make me mad. I could careless about everything else. The flowers, the cake. These problems I can fix. Mother nature on the other hand is a force I cannot reckon with. If it does rain, please do so in the morning while we're getting ready or in the evening during the reception. Just let us get all of our pictures done. We are getting pre-ceremony pictures at Fountain Square, Backstage Alley (Jon and I love Broadway and always walk this alley on our way to see a show at the Aronoff), and Mr. Pitiful's on Main St (our favorite bar where we have lots of memories and its simply beautiful on the inside). After the ceremony we're getting family pictures, again outside. Our church has a beautiful garden, a gazebo, and a rustic, old barn which we hope to use as our backdrop to our 'Thank you' postcards (more on that in a later blog). So as you can see, rain before the reception could really put a stick in the plans. But, I need to check. So here goes nothing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment